Thursday, June 21, 2007

Finnish Solstice party

ooooo. Solstice.
when the day is the longest. oooooo.

how do you celebrate?

Frogs, Kitty and Lucia are rolling Finnish this year. We are going to a Finnish potluck bonfire.
yeah, totally random, I know.
leave it to Frogs to find this sort of craziness.

We are bringing beer (I am going to need some if some hippie chick is going to dance topless around the bonfire) and I think that Frogs is going to whip something up. I might make something or I might not. who knows.

the Finnish part has me thinking - what should I wear? What is the typical Finnish costume?
Well, I thought that was a good idea. then I googled it.
I am not wearing this:



for more information (a very informative site) on traditional Finnish Folk and Cultural costumes: http://www.kaiku.com/finncostume.html

2 comments:

KittyWithClaws said...

Hey, last year I went to Dream More's party. She's Latvian (spelling?) so does that mean I've got a whole international-solstice thing going on?
Well, it could also mean that I'll celebrate solstice with anyone if it includes drinking and friends ;)

Lucia said...

at least we got the friends bit :)

and oh yes Kittywithclaws, you are downright UN material with your worldliness.

I will say though that Finland and Latvia are real close together. I would like to see you break out and do something Asian or African next.