Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A lil' bit of summer with your ice storm ...

It's good and wintry here this winter, for the first time since I've been back in Madison. I'm sure I'll be sick of it by February, but right now, I'm love-love-loving the snow and cold outside and warm-n-cozy moments inside. Except for the giant ice blocks placed strategically behind my car multiple times. Those I could do without.

Anyway, last night I opened my first jar of pasta sauce that I canned this summer. I've had a couple different jars of my salsa, both of which were perfectly acceptable and salsa-y. I was expecting the same level of perfect acceptableness from the spaghetti sauce. This pasta sauce, though? Utterly amazing. No, really. The texture was a little on the runny side before I reheated it, but the flavor was light and spicy and fruity-freshy-tomatoey wonderful and just so on. I had it over RP's garlic linguini, and it was so good I maybe lost my breath for a minute. So I lopped up a hunk of bread just to sop up a little more. Wow.

I think I only have a few quarts left after this one. They will be pulled out and savored with great majesty next time, and I will definitely make more next summer.

No comments: