Thursday, May 24, 2007

What to do in Wisconsin?

I have lived in Madison for about four and a half years now and I still love it. It totally rocks! So much so that I have overcome that Committment Fear and bought a house here. Actually, it is in the "City of Pride", Monona. - more like the City of Social Security - it seems like everyone is over 65 here. But, we are on the East Side (shout out to my East Side Homeowners Association Ladies!) and that is the best side.
- odd side note, my high school's (Thornton Fractional North) song said - Stay on the North side of Fractional, and never cross that line. Stay on the North side of Fractional, the going's mighty fine.
Back to the core story here:
My mother is coming for a week in June and I am taking vacation.
I want to entertain her with Wisconsin-ness, so I solicit my Wisconsin resident friends for ideas and they pull through. Thus far:

Tuckowicz (I don't know what her online name will be.)- said Farmer's Market in Madison - excellent recommendation, it is already my mother's favorite thing to do in Madison. We will hit it two times if we are lucky.

11Frogs sent a list about a mile long, as expected. No one loves Wisconsin and Madison as much as she does.

I will keep you posted on what happens.

1 comment:

Annathy said...

I'm from T.F. North - what year did you graduate?