Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Brats on the brain


I admit, I went to Brat Fest more than once this weekend.
I couldn't help it.
Here is a picture of those that accompanied my first trip (except B&M):

Here is why I think the goal wasn't met this weekend: inconvenience of the Alliant Energy Center for the drop-by brat-buy. It is pretty impossible to run in and buy a bunch of brats for a huge crew of people (or for your next four meals...).


My advice, set up a drive thru brat booth. Put some high schoolers in charge of it. Send the cheerleaders around with mustard bottles. Have the drama group do saurkraut and the chess club do relish. Just seems a natural fit.

other photos and thoughts:
1) I caught B sucking his finger.


2) he wouldn't do it for the camera again. But, hey! what is that in the background of this photo?



3) close up of that interesting sight:

Are you guessing that it is a little girl with a bear backpack and the dad (or man with her) holding the very long leash like tail?

yes, you are right my friend. what an odd world we live in.

Long live festivals that celebrate meat!

1 comment:

Mouse said...

My parents latched me up to a harness & tied me to the tent -- I have the prints.

Might explain a lot about me!!!