Sunday, July 15, 2007

It was a good weekend

Friday - Mallards game. Frogs did a good job, but I need to refute a few points. There was absolutely NO "accidental" purchase of too many beers. We purposefully took advantage of an unexpected 2 for 1 offer that happened while we were sitting close to the line.



Te-te - should be pronounced Tay-tay. And it was a great nickname for Vincente. He was our favorite player on the other team.

I feel incredibly cheated by our lack of karaoke for the night. I suspect that next Friday night I will try to sweet talk someone into going to the Doghouse for some free drinks (as promised by the karaoke man) and the karaoke man all to ourselves.

One of the best quotes of the night - as we pull up to Beck's bar (gosh, bar review is a whole 'nother review I should do) - is Loud spotting pickups, motorcycles and the general trashiness of the bar, telling us "I think that my people are different than Lucia's people." Ah, my people. They were there in full force.

The Art Fair on the Square was fun! I bought two woodcut prints, one of a coffeepot and the other of a bottle of Whiskey and a rocks glass full. I have put them up on the wall in my kitchen already, and have titled the grouping - Subsistence Living.
I will have to post pictures later as I am too lazy to do it now.

My thoughts on deep fat fry night -
1) I am blown away by how great it is to be an adult with such a great group of friends. We aren't beautiful, but it seems like we live a Dockers commercial. We get together (piling 20 or so people on Kitty's deck) drink beer out of bottles, smile, laugh, eat some good food, and enjoy late afternoons that descend into cool nights.
Okay, the Dockers commercial never includes dual deep fryers. We have to make it 'sconnie somehow.
2) My mother was wrong. Fried brownies are good.
3) I was amazed at the success of the pizza. It was awesome.
4) Future parties should include more variations on the pizza theme, different batter or even breading options, and I think that we have to make one more charge at the cookie dough (perhaps just not a standard dough, maybe some differences in the composition ... like less butter).
5) I am guessing that every food stuff I see from now on will be evaluated for possible fry party fodder.

2 comments:

11frogs said...

I protest the 'we aren't beautiful' statement. I think we may be among the best looking groups of People Who Regularly Deep Fry Things the world has ever seen :)

loud said...

I'm Fabulous. I prefer to be referred to in that manner onward please.